Monday 2 December 2013

New House Love

So we have a new house! <excited> we visited Covington, Louisiana the week before Thanksgiving and over several days we looked at about 20 houses and ruled out at least as many online. (Note to realtors and For Sale by Owners - Don't post crappy pictures on the internet) the weather was typical early winter in South Louisiana with rain and wind and sun in between fueling the humidity. But overall it was pretty pleasant.


Here you can see our fantastic and super roomy rental car /sarcasm, a Fiat 500. We dubbed it the blueberry after Gus's car on the TV show Psych. 

The food was just as good as we remembered and we will have to watch ourselves if we want to continue our diet. Stephanie even got her favorite Asian dish pho (Vietnamese beef noodle soup). 


As far as houses go I wanted an old Acadian style house that was in sound shape but needed a little fix up but Steph wanted something a little newer and contemporary in style. I'll give you a second to guess who won. Hint: Not me :) In the end we chose a 2000 sq ft house in Lake Ramsey. We love the neighborhood it has a private 500 acre lake and backs up to a wilderness area but is still an easy commute for me. I think some kayaks and a boat are in my future. 


Outdoor TV, whaaaaaa!

I found one geocache "Horse Branch Trail" on our trip in the previously mentioned wilderness area. It was a very good hide but I "took" three ticks from the cache area so maybe some DEET should be in my future as well!

Horse Branch Trail



No comments:

Post a Comment